First of all, thanks to all of you for attending your child's conference. It was wonderful to meet each and every one of you and talk about the wonderful progress your children have made. Kudos to all of you for working with them and helping us make our job easier!!!
Dates to Remember
· Saturday, March 10th- Silent Auction
· Sunday, March 11th Daylight Saving Time
· Friday, Mar 11th -Scholastic book orders due
· March 26th to March 30th - Spring Break
· Wed, April 11th- Dad's Night 5:00 to 6:00 p
· Wed, April 18th- Mom’s Night 5:00 to 6:00 pm
In the Classroom
· Our Valentine Day celebration was lots of fun. The children enjoyed exchanging their creative and festive valentine cards. Thanks to Caden (Louisa’s mom) and Scharres (Teagan’s mom) for bringing in our Valentine’s Day treat.
· We studied the characteristics, habits and adaptations of Reptiles.
· We read about Vincent Van Gogh, which inspired our students to make their own sunflower paintings, and are displayed on our bulletin board.
· Africa was the continent we explored this month.
· In March our focus will be the Solar System, Mammals and Weather.
· Wed, April 11th is Dad's Night. The students become teachers as they present materials to their parents. Each child gets to bring their dad or mom to school, and show some of the works they do in the classroom. If you have siblings in the other Primary classrooms or in the Lower Elementary, you can share your time between classrooms as we will be overlapping times.
- For the Silent Auction our classroom is planning on a - A picnic lunch with Miss Sheela, Ms. Kelly and Ms. Mei-Lan, sometime in May.
- Our Auction Item is "A Summer Garden", Torn Paper Painting on Canvas -This "painting in paper" or "Torn Paper Painting" is exactly that, paper. Hundreds of hand torn pieces of paper was used to create this color palette by the children. In the end the entire piece was coated over with a thin layer of varnish to protect the surface but not lose the texture. Picture attached below.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!