Welcome to the new school year!
It is a pleasure to have you and your child be part of the Lincoln family. We hope you had a wonderful summer and we are eager to start this coming year with all of you.
Here is some information that will help us start the school year successfully…
· There will be a Primary Montessori Picnic at Platt Park, Saturday, August 18th from 11 to 1 pm. Platt Park is located at 1500 S. Logan St. Please bring your blankets and/or chairs and lunch for your family. Hope to see you there!
· Please note the Primary Montessori classrooms will not have an Open House on Friday, Aug 17th, instead we will have the picnic to welcome our students.
· The Montessori Primary classrooms have a specific parent orientation which is scheduled for Wednesday, August 22nd from 4:45 to 5:45 pm. We encourage all families, new and returning, to attend as information changes from year to year. We encourage you, if at all possible, to come to this meeting without your children. Back to School Night for the whole school will also be on the same night at 6 pm.
· Student start dates are as follows….
New and returning Kindergartners will start on Monday, August 20th
New and returning Four Year Olds will start on Wednesday, August 22nd
· To make the transition to school as smooth as possible and provide the attention needed to acclimate the Three Year Old children to our classroom, we phase these students into the classroom in small groups. Three Year Old Parents - Please reference the list of start dates that you received in your registration packet.
With warm regards,